5 effective tips when staying in a hotel
I would like to share my personal thoughts when staying in a hotel. Booking a hotel and getting the most out of it can be quite tough sometimes as the offers of hotels are enormously big and time can be a hustle. Therefore it is good to know why and the purpose of choosing the hotel.
Why am I sharing?
Why I want to share my personal 5 effective tips when staying in a hotel is because I think it’s relevant. Relevant in a sense to value the time you have. Nowadays, time is what at least I care of. I want to get the most out of every day. Daily business can be stressful and super powerful and when I choose to take some time off to spend it with close people then I want to get the full benefit. Moreover, I want to care about myself and my needs in order to live the life I appreciate.
My mum and I ended up enjoying a one night stay at the hotel, Traube Braz. The hotel is focused on spa, sports and well known for delicious dinner and therefore we thought this hotel could be the right choice. It was a beautiful autumn day when we arrived at the place in Braz.
Our main goal was to spend time together and getting away from the daily business. Taking care of ourselves and enjoying every moment.
My personal 5 effective tips when staying in a hotel:
- REDUCE DRIVING HOURS: As our time was short, we decided to choose a hotel which is close to where we are from. Why we stayed in a local hotel was because we didn’t want to spend hours in the car and we wanted to explore and get to know places close to home. To add on we care about our environment and reduced the driving hours.
- VORARLBERG: We are based in Tirol and as I can tell driving to Vorarlberg happens very rare and as its a province we both didn’t spend that much time at, therefore we chose the area. It’s so close but still far. What a beautiful scenic road at the Arlbergpass. 1 hour later we arrived in Braz. Vorarlberg is a secret destination I can tell.
- HIKING: We arrived early afternoon and decided to hike the direction towards the SCHAFBERG (2400 m). I know the mountain only in the winter as I am guiding around the Arlberg area. The colours around November where simply beautiful. We kept hiking and came quite far. Listening towards the silence and observing nature made us focus on our mind.
- MASSAGE: My mum and I love hanging out in spa areas 🙂 It is sort of an addiction and a spa is a „Must Have“ in a hotel for us. Next, to the long hike, we decided to do something good for our mental and physical health and decided to book a back massage. The hotel belongs to a family, which owns the hotel since generations and therefore coming to a place with lots of history is fabulous for me. Sharing the time with my mum is a luxurious moment. The hotel offers a huge range of massages and treatments and the lady who has been responsible for my perfect moment treated me well. In addition, I got to enjoy a specially made spa cocktail. What a great idea. 🙂
- DELICIOUS DINNER: Wine and a 5-star dinner menu were exactly what we were aiming for when we have been deciding on choosing a trip focusing on spa and dinner. Trying out new restaurants is something I really appreciate and value it. Due to the great wine choice, we ended up drinking a glass of dessert wine at the hotel bar and started chatting with some other guests. Moreover, super lovely and relaxed.
In conclusion, these are the points I was looking for when deciding on a short treating well trip. That’s how I call it, as our time was limited but we got the most out of it. Thanks to a clear mindset on what we wanted to do and get out of it. Thanks for spending the time mum!
Photo credits: Nina Gigele